|Pentanguishene Naval Yard|
|Used:||1813 - 1856|
|Garrison:||Lake Huron base for Provincial Marine/RN 1813-1834; British Army base 1834-1856|
|Battles:||War of 1812|
The yard was originally located at the Wasaga Blockhouse in Drummond Island after the abandonment of Amherstburg Royal Naval Dockyard. Land was acquired in 1798 and a base finally built in 1813, but it was abandoned in 1815. It was reinstated in 1816 and remained on the island until 1834. The base was later re-located near the Nottwasaga River at Discovery Bay in 1816 and served as the Lake Huron fleet of the Provincial Marine until 1834. The navy transferred the base to the army and served until 1856. The base also served northwestern supply routes and provided general surveillance of the upper Great Lakes.
The navy base and army depot comprised of 15 buildings including:
Vessels built or stationed here:
The base is now rebuilt as part of the Penetanguishene's Historic Naval and Military Establishment.