The term celestial refers to the sky and/or Heaven. An astronomical object is sometimes referred to as a celestial body or celestial object.
Other uses of the term celestial include:
Celestial was a term for Chinese immigrants used in the American Old West, British Columbia, and in Australia in the 19th century, derived from their status as subjects of the Son of Heaven (the Chinese Emperor). The term is no longer in common use and is rarely heard outside of the Western genre of film.
- Celestial Parotlet (Forpus coelestis), also known as Pacific Parrotlet and Lesson's Parrotlet
- The Celestials, a race of powerful alien beings in Marvel Comics.
- The Celestials are an ancient race in the Star Wars universe.
- Celestials, a race of angel-like beings in the Dungeons & Dragons game.
- Celestial (album) is an album by Isis.
- Celestial (RBD album) is an album by RBD.
- "Celestial (song)", a song from the above album by RBD.
- "Celestial Voices" is the 4th and final part of the song "A Saucerful Of Secrets" (8:38-11:56, bass, organ, mellotron and wordless chorus) by Pink Floyd in 1969.
- Celestial Recordings, a record label.
- Various usages of Celestial in the video game Ōkami, the most prominent is the Celestial Brush.
- Celestial Movies, a 24 hours satellite broadcast movie channel.
- Celestial weapons are the most powerful weapons in the video game Final Fantasy X.
- Celestiial, a funeral doom band