Year 1913 (MCMXIII) was a common year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar (or a common year starting on Tuesday of the 13-day-slower Julian calendar).
Events of 1913
- March - The House of Romanov celebrates the 300th anniversary of their succession to the throne, amidst an outpouring of monarchist sentiment in Russia.
- March 4
Venustiano Carranza announces his Plan of Guadalupe, and begins his rebellion against Victoriano Huerta's government as head of the Constitutionals.
Pancho Villa is elected commander of the "Northern Division" of the Constitutionals.
- January 2 - Anna Lee, English actress (d. 2004)
- January 5 - Jack Haig, British actor (d. 1989)
- January 6 - Edward Gierek, Polish politician (d. 2001)
- January 6 - Loretta Young, American actress (d. 2000)
- January 9 - Richard M. Nixon, 37th President of the United States (d. 1994)
- January 10 - Gustáv Husák, Slovak politician (d. 1991)
- January 15 - Lloyd Bridges, American actor (Sea Hunt) (d. 1998)
- January 15 - Alexander Marinesko, captain of the S-13 submarine, which sank the German ship Wilhelm Gustloff, when 10,000 died while the ship sank (d. 1963)
- January 18 - Danny Kaye, American actor (d. 1987)
- January 18 - George Unwin, British fighter ace of WWII (d. 2006)
- January 22 - William Cardinal Conway, Irish clergyman (d. 1977)
- January 22 - Carl F. H. Henry, American theologian and publisher (d. 2003)
- January 24 - Norman Dello Joio, American composer (d. 2008)
- January 25 - Witold Lutosławski, Polish composer (d. 1994)
- January 26 - Jimmy Van Heusen, American composer (d. 1990)
- January 28 - Wally Parks, founder of the NHRA