Year 1639 (MDCXXXIX) was a common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar (or a common year starting on Tuesday of the 10-day slower Julian calendar).
Events of 1639
January - June
July - December
See also .
- January 20 - Mustafa I, Ottoman Sultan (b. 1592)
- January 23 - Francisco Maldonado de Silva, Peruvian Jewish poet (b. 1592)
- January 24 - Georg Jenatsch, Swiss politician (b. 1596)
- May 21 - Tommaso Campanella, Italian theologian and poet (b. 1568)
- June 1 - Melchior Franck, German composer (b. c.1579)
- July 18 - Bernhard of Saxe-Weimar, German general (b. 1604)
- August 4 - Juan Ruiz de Alarcón, Mexican dramatist (b. c. 1571)
- August 20 - Martin Opitz von Boberfeld, German poet (b. 1597)
- September 20 - Johannes Meursius, Dutch classical scholar (b. 1579)
- October 28 - Stefano Landi, Italian composer (b. 1587)
- November 7 - Thomas Arundell, 1st Baron Arundell of Wardour, English politician (b. c.1560)
- November 26 - John Spottiswoode, Scottish historian (b. 1565)
See also .
- Roberts, J: "History of the World.". Penguin, 1994.